We are delighted to share with you our new ‘Guest Guide & Interactive Map’. This informative map helps bring the local area to life. It highlights where everything is and help our guests make their plans for their holiday and stay at Destination Balcary.
The local area guide Google map includes the following categories for where to ‘Explore’, ‘Eat & Drink’ and ‘See & Do’:
- Pubs & Restaurants
- Tearooms, Cafés & Coffee Shops
- Places of Interest
- Historic Sites
- National Park Visitor Centre’s & Nature Reserves
- Local Visitor Attractions
Each listing has a Google link providing simple guided directions, time and distance to get there from your location.
It includes a selection of our favourite pubs, restaurants, cafes and tea rooms as well a few great places to visit, intriguing ideas and visitor attractions for all the family.
Viewpoints, Waterfalls & Lighthouses
We have included a number of striking locations you can visit with wonderful viewpoints. These include picturesque waterfalls, scenic lighthouses and spectacular photo opportunities such as our local Balcary Point, Little Ross Lighthouse, St Ninian’s Cave and the Big Water of Fleet Viaduct. There are also various Nature Reserves & Visitor Centre’s which are popular to go for a walk and take a picnic. There are many others yet to be added.
One of the best view points is actually from the conservatory or garden in the farmhouse at Destination Balcary. We also provide binoculars to zoom in what is out to sea, across in the Lake District and down to Balcary Bay.
Guest Favourites & Local Recommendations
Many of these locations and listings are guest favourites and our own local recommendations. There are a number of local pubs, restaurants, cafes and tea rooms if guests are keen to explore some good places to eat and drink.
We have probably missed a few local gems and hidden secrets but will keep adding new ‘eat and drink’ listings and places of interest.
This interactive Google map and handy guide will be to help our guests find out what a wonderful selection places to visit whilst on holiday at Destination Balcary.
Useful Related Links & Posts
- Great Coastal Pub Walks in Scotland – ‘Balcary Bay and Rascarrel’ – https://destinationbalcary.com/2023/03/great-coastal-pub-walks-in-scotland-balcary-bay-and-rascarrel/
- The best coastal walk in the SW of Scotland – https://destinationbalcary.com/2022/08/the-best-coastal-walk-in-the-sw-of-scotland/
- 8 Great Places to Visit in and Around Kirkcudbright – https://rossbayretreat.com/2023/04/8-great-places-to-visit-near-kirkudbright/
- 6 Great Outdoor Activities in & around Kirkcudbright for the Adventurous – https://rossbayretreat.com/2023/05/6-great-outdoor-adventurous-activities-near-kirkcudbright/