As 2022 draws to a close we have had a chance to reflect on an exciting year here at Destination Balcary.
We only opened up the doors a few months ago and have been looking back at some of the wonderful feedback and reviews we’ve received from guests staying at our cottage.
We pride ourselves in our ensuring that all our guests have a wonderful holiday from the moment they book until they drive away at the end of their stay. The generous feedback and comments is a welcome reward for all the hard work everyone has put in renovating our family farmhouse and turning it into luxurious holiday home for all to enjoy.
So pleased with the positive reviews, comments and smile’s we have had from our guests that we thought we would share some of the initial feedback we have received from late summer onwards.
Our very first Google Review: 5.0 / 5.0
“Wonderful house in a stunning location. If you want peace and quiet with amazing views then look no further. Beautiful decor, good quality bedding and luxury throughout. We loved the views from the conservatory. The walk from the house to Loch Mackie, Rascarrell and round Balcary cliffs is a must. Can’t wait to go back again”
H Robbins – Nov 2022
Our First Guest Review for Destination Balcary
We welcomed out first guests back in August who wrote the following kind review on August 11th 2022
‘Stunning farmhouse in a stunning location’
“This was exactly the holiday we wanted. Destination Balcary has the most amazing views. We enjoyed doing the coastal walk. The Farmhouse is spacious, spotlessly clean and the kitchen was well stocked with all the utensils you would need. The welcome cake and ice cream is a nice touch. Sue is so lovely and makes you feel very welcome. We would go back in a heartbeat.”
See our latest Guest Reviews of Destination Balcary – https://destinationbalcary.com/balcary-on-video/customer-reviews/reviews
Selection of Guest Highlights of Destination Balcary
We have had 5* reviews from all our gusts to date which we have been very excited by. The most popular highlights of staying at Destination Balcary has been:
- Amazing views across the sea over the Solway Firth from the conservatory
- Wonderful dog walking and local coastal walks
- Welcome fresh home baked cakes and local ice cream on arrival
- The abundance of local wildlife
- Stunning property, lovely and clean and very comfortable
- So well equipped and those little extra touches
Selection of Guest Comments & Reviews
See a short selection of the lovely comments made by our wonderful guests:
- ‘The location is stunning with total peace and quiet and beautiful ever changing views of sea and sky’
- ‘The view is a wow & the farmhouse is amazing’
- ‘This house is bang up to date with it’s appliances, furnishings and luxuries, everything that you could ever need in a holiday cottage’
- ‘Upon arrival we was blown away with the property, the conservatory was an amazing room where we saw Red Kites flying over overhead & the neighbouring fields’
- ‘Thank you for our welcome cake – the Victoria sponge with fresh cream was delicious’
- ‘The wildlife in & around The Farmhouse spotted were a hedgehog, roe deer, hares & porpoises’
- ‘The property affords marvellous views across Balcary Bay with the option of walks along the cliff paths and down to Rascarrel Bay, altogether a paradise for humans and their dogs’
- ‘My daughter and I loved walking our dog down the track to the beach every day and meeting your lovely cows. It is the perfect place to stay to get away from it all’
- ‘We would go back in a heartbeat’
To see all our reviews in full please visit: https://www.upfrontreviews.com/reviews/23651/destination-balcary/the-farmhouse/595039/
Views Across the Solway Firth to the Lake District – Come and See it for Yourself
We thank everyone for coming and staying at Destination Balcary, our farmhouse holiday home that sleeps up to 5 in 3 bedrooms. It is a place like no other with uninterrupted views across our farmland across to Balcary Bay.
There is abundant birdlife, wildlife, changing scenery with the seasons and weather and sounds of silence and the tides rolling in and out over the salt marshes each day. Use the binoculars in the conservatory to see across the Solway Firth to Skiddaw and the Lake District.
Come and see these amazing views for yourself, we look forward very much to welcoming you at Destination Balcary. See you soon.